Author, Life Coach, Leadership Coach, Relationship Coach and Corporate trainer Dipankar, Web: www.lifemanagementacademy.com, ph:9989675936

Friday, May 9, 2014


There can be several methods to clean your mind. I have experienced two methods extremely helpful to clean our mind: Forgiveness & Gratitude Writing.
Forgiveness can be one of the hardest things to do in life. It can also be one of the most liberating as our energy returns to us and the person we are forgiving no longer holds power over us.

Forgiveness & Gratitude come under supreme core values. If you can practise forgiveness you become supreme selfish. You don’t allow anyone to disturb your peace and happiness, and you don’t give any opportunity to develop psychosomatic illness in you..

Mistakes happen with every one of us but if I carry that person in my mind I get affected and can’t focus on the task to be carried out. One of the main reasons why we are not able to live in the present moment and not able to enjoy the present is that we are not able to forgive ourselves and others. Mistake may happen with me also. Therefore I need to forgive myself also. If I can’t forgive other, and myself, my mind gets preoccupied with those people who have hurt me. I will get stressed.
If you are living in a society, mistake may happen with your spouse, parents, children, friends and neighbours. If you can’t forgive them, then every time you see them, read their name, hear their name or any thought comes in your mind about them, you get disturbed and not able to focus on the task to be carried out at that moment. You are harming yourself. The control switch of your happiness is outside, not within you. Same way, your office is your main family in your professional life as you spend most of your awakening time at workplace. Mistake may happen with your superiors, colleagues, subordinates and customers. If you can’t forgive them, you get disturbed and not able to focus on the task to be carried out and it will affect your performance.
The people who hurt you are ignorant of your good intention about them; they lose a good person like you. You may feel pity on them. No one does mistake consciously. Either they are ignorant or their ego makes them to commit mistakes. If you can practise forgiveness you will be free of tension, your mind will be clean, and you will lead a happy life. Practising forgiveness shows that you give importance to yourself. Forgiveness does not mean that you will have to go and embrace the person or tell him that you have forgiven him. You need to do it in your mind and you can write in a piece of paper and throw it.
Below are examples on how to write forgiveness:
I,...my name…forgive myself for all the mistake I did because I was ignorant and unconscious of the consequence of my actions.
I forgive …(Name of the person)..for all the wrong/ misdeed done to me because he was ignorant. He did not know what mistakes he was doing.
This exercise to be carried out if anyone has hurt you

0 comments: